Thursday, July 3, 2008

a little surgery

so a few weeks have passed since I last made an entry about my training, but all is going well! I had another team run on saturday (8 miles!) and although it was a long, hard 8 miles... it was a run in which i was very disappointed in myself. It was by far the worst run I have had, and hopefully it will stay that way. I was the very last person to finish our run, I wasnt able to keep up with anyone... it was just an off day! I have been having some pains in my hip, which due to my compensating go to my knee which then go to my other knee... its a nice little circle of discomfort I am making. But anywho, as soon as the run was over, I came back to my apartment packed my car, and was off to see my mom!! (not showered or anything). i had a great weekend visiting Maine/New Hampshire, I got to see my mom and see all the work she has done on her house up in Augusta... gosh, she and Mike are doing such an amazing job! and i also got to see my sister and brother-in-law and their little puppy Paton! (super cute Australian Shepard... 10 weeks old and already knows how to sit and lay down, im trying to teach it roll over and see if its a genius dog) I left from their to head down and see my dad stepmom brother grandmother and grandfather (sue had to do some minor surgery to my feet... which is no fun while you're training... haha) But it was great to see them, my grandmother and Marie and Patsy (the owners of May Kellys cottage, where I used to work.

I came back to a week of work and am looking forward to the fourth of July and hoping that this weeks team run (9 miles) will be a little less depressing haha. I havent done any training this week due to the pain in my feet from the healing (you're probably wondering what the surgery was about... so here we go. I have had planters warts for as long as I can remember, and they feel like their are little pebbles in my shoes when I run... sue has taken car of a handful already but they keep popping back up in different places... SUPER frustrating and gross haha. but something that I have to deal with. So i figured i should just take care of these ones (there were only 3 little ones) before they get too big and painful, so i am very grateful she was able to take care of that little situation so it wont affect my really long distances!

Thanks again to everyone who has been supporting this amazing cause. It is official that I am running in Maine (however, all names got earased from the fundraising page when PayCor transfered the funds over... but I will not forget who you all are!)

I hope you all have a happy and exciting fourth of July!

No comments: