Monday, July 7, 2008

I got lost while running...


Another week has come and gone (where is the summer going?!) and we had yet another team run. We were supposed to be running 9 miles, but as I lagged behind my teammates, with no written directions I found myself lost. I took a right when I should have taken a left and before too long I noticed something wasn't right. I kept running down random side roads trying to find the next road i was suppose to be on but no luck. People on the way tried to help me out, but they had no idea what they were talking about (one guy said the road i was looking for was a 1.5 mile up the road... so i went searching for it, next thing I know, im back to where I started my run haha... so I only ran an adventures 8 - 8.5 miles but it was a good time
Not training this week really kicked my butt. I wanted to take it easy and give my feet a chance to heal up some from the surgery, but next time... they are gonna have to suffer through the pain because I really lagged behind my teammates.
I need to get new running shoes now also which stinks... this running thing is making me even more broke haha. The shoes i have now are Nike Airs (they are supposed to make it feel like you're running barefoot... they are VERY flexible but not supportive at all) my knees are getting beat up on these runs around mile 6 so Im gonna need to get some better running shoes that have some kind of shock resistance or whatever.

a little side note... my mom is AMAZING! you see, my apple lap top is junk, its only a year old but it has already pooped out on me. I had some stuff done on it 3 months ago, it came back with a 90 day warrenty and 92 days after i got it back and went all haywire again... and Im starting an online summer class today and need my laptop for obvious reasons and she just ups and buys me one! so a HUGE thank you goes out to her and her generosity! (I LOVE YOU!)

but thats about it for now...
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and finding time to relax with friends and family!
if you have not yet donated it's not too late! I have recommitment on August 1st and would love to have 1,100 in by then, and then Gap will donate the other 1,000 I need to run... so if everyone who is interested in donating could do there best to get their donations in by July 25th, that would be AMAZING!!!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/maine08/hhaley


Thanks!
Heather

No comments: