Monday, June 2, 2008

Week two and three


Week two and three of marathon training has come and gone. The mileage is slowly increasing, and I am feeling great.
Last week (week of May 18-24) went pretty well, but I was not able to go for the team run on Saturday because I had previous plans to go to Rhode Island for a WEDDING! Pauls cousin tied the knot, and it was great to be around all of Paul's family (they are soo much fun). Paul and I were seated at the loud rowdy table at the reception which was PERFECT for me and my loudness haha, we sat with all of Pauls cousins who are some funny funny people. After the reception Paul and I went to the Providence Place mall to meet up with Dad, my step-mom Sue, my twin-brother Andrew, and his girlfriend Michala. Dad and Sue left us at the mall and us kids fooled around in Dave and Busters (an adult arcade... it was AWESOME!)
Sunday came around and it was back to training... I was slowly working my mileage up to 4 miles for the up coming team run. Some days were just so hot and humid that it was miserable to be out there... just something I will have to get used to I suppose.
I am trying to get used to running without any music, because once in San Fran. we will not be allowed to run with headphones or ipods, for safety reasons I guess... But when I run without music I find myself giving up easier, because a little voice in my head is saying "it's okay, you can stop running if you think your getting tired, or if your legs hurt a little bit" (this is the devil on my shoulder that I am trying to kill!)
When the team run came around on Saturday I was pumped up and ready for the 4 mile run ahead of me. I was feeling great and I did pretty good (although I know I could have done better). I am finding that I need to start dressing in the appropriate running attire because after the run on Saturday my legs were a little sore from where they were rubbing together (gross... I KNOW!) so my awesome mom gave me some money to buy some running clothes! LOVE HER!
After the run I came home, showered up, went and got some breakfast with the boyfriend and then headed to my aunts house for a BRIDAL SHOWER! (my cousin Toby is getting married to the cutest girl Julie in August... the week after my 21st birthday!!!) The bridal shower was alot of fun, and I was able to see my mom and my sister Jenny! I love hanging out with my Mumzee and Jenny, I get some riled up and can be as goofy as I want and they just laugh...

so all in all.... it has been a fun couple of weeks. I love having this new challenge ahead of me and telling people about it (merely for the reactions they have).

this weeks training schedule:
Monday (2 miles)
Tuesday (2 miles)
Wednesday (cross training for 40 mins - any excerise besides running)
Thursday ( 3 miles fartleck (funny word - just means running fast for 1 minute, jogging for 4 mins running fast for 1 min, jogging for 4 mins until i am done my 3 mile run)
Friday (cross training for 30 mins)
Saturday (5 miles - team run)

Please remember to donate... I have been given some generous donations and wouldn't mind to see a couple more rolling in.

you can visit my fundraising page at:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/nikesf08/hhaley

No comments: